Thursday, February 25, 2010

cheerleaders

Yes, cheerleaders, not the kind in short skirts next to a football or basketball court, but the ones who stand on the sidelines of the road we take on our journey. I use to be the type that didn't want anyone to know that I was losing weight because if I failed or gave up then I would be embarrassed. But you know, the first day I took my first get off my but walk around the courthouse, I came back huffing and puffing to a cheering office. Yes, my peers who, have been worried about me but were too afraid to say so. Since, that day I have come to know who is cheering me on and who is just waiting for me to fall.

Now, my cheerleaders, first I do not count my husband as one, not because I don't love him very much, but because we sabotage each other too often. It's too easy for one of us to use the others weakness to get off track.

I have several cheerleaders, I have the private cheerleaders who set back and wait to see if I need a boost and they do it privately by e-mail, I have my conscience cheerleaders, one that is aggressive with me and one that is soft and reminding, and then there are my spiritual cheerleaders, the ones that keeps me steady and reminds me that God is the one that is going to help me through this journey, I have my, counsel cheerleaders, that's the people that when something is really bugging me, I can go to them and chit chat with them, share my heart and know that they will listen and offer very good advice and encouragement. I have my long distant cheerleaders, the ones who aren't here, but are cheering me on through my blogs and e-mails. And of course I can't forget my medical and physical cheerleaders. All, of my cheerleaders are loving and they get excited with me and pick me up when it didn't go right.

I bring this up, because it is very important to have people around you that can do all these things. You can't get mad, you can't go eat something because someone reminded you what your goal is and if you do what your about to do it will screw up that goal. You have to give each cheerleader and open mind and heart and allow them to help in whatever way they can.

Don't be afraid to seek out your cheerleaders, actually, when you let people know what you are doing, your cheerleaders will label themselves. You can also use the support of this blog, you could find cheerleaders in others that are going through the same thing if you will do all of this then you will not feel totally alone on your journey. Have a beautiful day and keep on going. love Mel

1 comment:

  1. Rah! Rah! Rah! Yay, Melanie. You go, girl! OUCH! I think I threw my back out! Can I cheer sitting down? Love you sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete